Why we have started Eurolink
Through our involvement with the angel investment community and business development we came across many great Kiwi products we believe could be successful in the German speaking and wider European markets. Often the New Zealand entrepreneurs are only targeting the customary English speaking markets Australia, UK and USA for their overseas expansion.
Yet with Germany being the fourth largest economy in the world (behind USA, China and Japan), the largest economy in Europe and the world’s third biggest importer (behind USA and China) we believe Kiwi businesses miss out by not considering the European and especially the German market as a growth opportunity.
Our aim is to put German speaking markets on the radar of New Zealand businesses for exporting their products, strategic alliances and product development partnerships and funding.
Together we can tap into over 20 years of experience in business development and international sales. We have established businesses in the Media, Technology, Agriculture and Construction industries and are operating our own companies in Germany and New Zealand. Thus we know both countries, their culture, laws and administration very well. And of course we are native German and English speakers.
Some of our ventures so far:
- The launch and operation of Fiji’s first free to air and pay TV service Fiji TV on behalf of TVNZ
- The development, funding and launch of ‘The Arts Channel’ New Zealand’s first performance channel now SKY’s ‘Sky Arts’
- Establishing a business in Berlin, Germany for distributing digital content internationally by developing and applying German transmission technology
- The compilation of German and international audio-visual content into speciality TV channels and their international distribution, e.g. to Chunghwa in Taiwan, D-Smart in Turkey
- Establishing a business in the New Zealand construction industry utilizing world-leading German technology and products
- Developing a product concept for the Europe-wide distribution of two herbicides and conducting an agricultural market analysis for a new product launch on behalf of the BASF
- The distribution of programme catalogues in USA, Asia, Australasia and Europe on behalf of EuroArts International, Berlin and Electric Sky, London